Saturday, March 03, 2007

Paul's Update - 03/02/07

Dear Friends:

Dad headed over at the regular time this morning. He decided that they would not work on the floor mat today since Paul was on it quite a bit yesterday. He sat on edge of bed and had his snack this morning. This is pretty good exercise and gives him a chance to balance himself. Dad practiced going over the days of week and months of year with Paul. Then he asked Paul if he remembered anybody's birthday. He nodded "yes" so Dad went over family members birthdays. He told Paul who's birthday was in which month ... once he finished Paul said "I have November"....Guess what...his birthday IS in November!!. This afternoon Dad asked Paul if he wanted to go to the bathroom, he said yes but didn't want to get out of bed when Dad asked him to get his legs on the side of the bed. Dad decided to sit in the chair next to Paul's bed and wait until he was ready to help. While he was sitting there Paul looked over at him and said "I want to go" so Dad took him! If he SAYS he wants something ... we try to make sure he gets it! Dad came to my office with Max at lunchtime. We made the rounds in the office to meet my coworkers but it was at lunch time and several folks were gone. We'll have to go again. Max was very fascinated with the elevator and seemed to like the florescent lights. Tabby worked with Paul again tonight with numbers and days of the week. Paul does really good with one through ten. Tabby just gets him started with "one" and Paul can do the rest without any help. He also does good with Monday through Friday but still struggles with Saturday and Sunday. Tonight he told Tabby "I am money" ... hmmm ... not sure what that means LOL. She was going out and she was trying to get him to say "see you later" but instead he said "I love you"! As I said before ... he can't go wrong by saying that!! Dad & I went out for dinner this evening. We came back and spent about an hour before Paul was exhausted and ready for bed. Saturday I will head out to go to SC and visit with my sister Ann & my mother. We are going on a "road trip" to Tennessee and Kentucky. I will be gone about ten days. Tabby & Dad will try to keep me informed so I can keep you updated.

Love & Hugs,
Lynne & Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home