Monday, April 02, 2007

Paul's Update - 03/31/07

Dear Friends:

Friday Dad started early. Home Depot delivered the materials for our new deck around 8am. Dora kept an eye on Paul while Dad managed getting the supplies into the back yard and sorted so he could be ready to begin work when Uncle Jimmy arrived. Once they began the work Paul was able to go outside and "supervise" the job. He and Dora sat out there and watched Dad & Uncle Jimmy work. He stayed out there until around 1:30pm when we broke for lunch. Paul enjoyed THREE pieces of Pizza. After lunch Paul wasn't interested in going back outside. It was a bit chilly so it was probably just as well that he wanted to stay inside. We had a quiet afternoon. After dinner we watched some TV for a while until bedtime. Paul got his medicines around 9pm. He was eating some baby carrots that were in a small coffee cup. I noticed he looked very tired and asked him if wanted to finish his carrots. He nodded "yes" so I asked "how many do you have left?". He looked into his bowl and looked back up at me and shook his head "no". I said "can you count them?" ... again he looked at them and looked back at me shaking his head "no". I went over to him and pointed into the bowl at the carrots one by one and he immediately said "one" ... "two" ... up to seven. He actually counted them BY HIMSELF! Saturday Paul didn't want to go outside when Uncle Jimmy and Dad started working on the deck. He stayed inside with me and Gladys. We watched TV much of the day. I've been trying to get him to chose a show by asking him "do you want to watch Mythbusters or something else?" I ask him until he gives me an answer. Amazingly he can actually pick one and say the name when I give him the choices. This evening we went to Carolyn & Billy's house for Mike's (a family friend) birthday. We had steaks & kabobs along with hotdogs & hamburgers. It was nice for Paul to be able to go and hang out a bit with the other kids his age. He said he enjoyed the evening. After we got home he wasn't tired and wanted to sit up for a bit. He has been doing so well the last week. I'm thankful that God has blessed him with so much healing and strength. I look around me and see many people hurting ... and I find myself grateful that our problems seem so small compared to some of the things others are dealing with. I'm also in awe that so many people continue to care about our family and Paul's progress! Thanks for being part of our journey!!

Love, Lynne & Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home