Monday, December 11, 2006

Paul's Update - 12/10/06

Dear Friends:

What a great day!! Dad went to visit his mother today and was gone for most of the day. She is 92 and has not been well lately. He has not had much chance to visit her so it was a good day to do that. While he was gone Bobby's friend Lawrence came by to pick up his water bed. Lawrence was living at Paul's house for some time over the last year to help out with the finances. While he was there Tabby was showing him all the new things that Paul has been able to say. Paul said "I love you", "I love Tabitha" and "I like Opie" (Lawrence's nick-name). He worked real hard today since this is the first time he has said names. It is like he is suddenly making connections on how to make new sounds. When Dad got back Tabby was telling him about Paul's day. She said he had a wonderful day of verbal skills when all of a sudden Paul said "I'm speaking"!!! Tabby has never asked him to say that before!!! And he said this completely without any prompting ... an "unsolicited" comment from Paul! Wh at a blessing!! Isn't God good? I can't help but believe that this week has been full of Christmas presents!! I also found out that Tabby also got a job offer on Friday! She will be working at the same place as Carolyn!! So many good things! I spent the day with my Mother, sisters and nieces today. We spent Saturday night in Columbia SC and had breakfast with Sarah (my niece) before heading back to Myrtle Beach. We will be heading home on Monday. I am anxious to see my family back in Manassas!

Have a great day! Lynne & Carl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home